Buttermilk nutrition facts & data
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||4||16.5|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (150g) of Buttermilk contains
- 55.5 Calories
- 1.5g of Fat
- 6g of Protein
- and 6g of Carbs
- 82.5mg of sodium - 5.5% of the RDA for sodium.
- 22.5mg of Magnesium, that covers 7.03% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 0.75mg of Zinc - 7.5% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 0.15mg of Iron - 1.25% of the RDA for Iron.
- 217.5mg of Potassium - 5.44% of the RDA for Potassium.
- 1.5mg of Vitamin C - 1.43% of the RDA for Vitamin C.
- 0.3mg of Vitamin B12 - 10% of the RDA for Vitamin B12.
For every gram of carbs in Buttermilk you get
- 1 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Milkshakes have on average 0.19g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0.25 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Milkshakes 0.16g)
- 0 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Milkshakes 0.03g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Buttermilk?
|Vitamin C (mg)||1||1.9|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.001||0.1|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.03||0|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.16||0.2|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.04||0|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||5||8.1|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0.2||0.3|
Is Buttermilk rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (150g) for Buttermilk of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Minerals in Buttermilk
Is Buttermilk high in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Buttermilk we looked at the portion size (150g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
Carbohydrates in Buttermilk
4% of Buttermilk are carbs, per serving (150g) that is 6g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||4||16.5|
How high is the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Buttermilk?
The Glycemic Index of Buttermilk is 35, which would be considered as low. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 2.1 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Buttermilk
- is Gluten free
- has a moderate amount of Lactose
- no Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol in Buttermilk
Of the 1g total fat per 100g, 0.3g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.001g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.2g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 1mg.