Cereal flakes nutrition facts & data
avg Breakfast cereals
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||7||41.3|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (10g) of Cereal flakes contains
- 37.3 Calories
- 0.7g of Fat
- 1.3g of Protein
- and 6g of Carbs
- 0.5mg of sodium - 0.03% of the RDA for sodium.
- 12mg of Magnesium, that covers 3.75% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 0.28mg of Zinc - 2.8% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 0.34mg of Iron - 2.83% of the RDA for Iron.
- 38mg of Potassium - 0.95% of the RDA for Potassium.
- No Vitamin C
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in Cereal flakes you get
- 0.22 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Breakfast cereals have on average 0.17g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0.12 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Breakfast cereals 0.14g)
- 0.16 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Breakfast cereals 0.12g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Cereal flakes?
|Vitamin C (mg)||0||3.4|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.8||1.6|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.56||0.2|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.04||0.1|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.1||0.1|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||85||25.1|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0||0.1|
Is Cereal flakes rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (10g) for Cereal flakes of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Minerals in Cereal flakes
Is Cereal flakes high in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Cereal flakes we looked at the portion size (10g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
Carbohydrates in Cereal flakes
60% of Cereal flakes are carbs, per serving (10g) that is 6g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||60||41.3|
How high is the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Cereal flakes?
The Glycemic Index of Cereal flakes is 70, which would be considered as high. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 4.2 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Cereal flakes
- is high in Gluten
- has no Lactose
- low amounts of Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol in Cereal flakes
Of the 7g total fat per 100g, 1.2g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 2.5g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 2.5g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0mg.