Cornflakes nutrition facts & data
avg Breakfast cereals
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||2||41.3|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (30g) of Cornflakes contains
- 108.3 Calories
- 0.3g of Fat
- 2.1g of Protein
- and 24g of Carbs
- 285mg of sodium - 19% of the RDA for sodium.
- 4.5mg of Magnesium, that covers 1.41% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 0.09mg of Zinc - 0.9% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 0.6mg of Iron - 5% of the RDA for Iron.
- 36mg of Potassium - 0.9% of the RDA for Potassium.
- No Vitamin C
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in Cornflakes you get
- 0.09 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Breakfast cereals have on average 0.17g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0.01 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Breakfast cereals 0.14g)
- 0.05 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Breakfast cereals 0.12g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Cornflakes?
|Vitamin C (mg)||0||3.4|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.2||1.6|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.06||0.2|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.06||0.1|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.07||0.1|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||6||25.1|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0||0.1|
Is Cornflakes rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (30g) for Cornflakes of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Minerals in Cornflakes
Is Cornflakes high in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Cornflakes we looked at the portion size (30g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
Carbohydrates in Cornflakes
80% of Cornflakes are carbs, per serving (30g) that is 24g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||80||41.3|
How high is the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Cornflakes?
The Glycemic Index of Cornflakes is 85, which would be considered as high. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 20.4 and can be regarded as high.
Allergens in Cornflakes
- is high in Gluten
- has no Lactose
- low amounts of Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol in Cornflakes
Of the 1g total fat per 100g, 0.1g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.2g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.2g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0mg.