Lemon balm: nutrition facts & data
avg Herbs and other products
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||3.0||5.8|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (5g) of Lemon balm contains:
- 2.4 Calories
- 0.1g of Fat
- 0.2g of Protein
- and 0.2g of Carbs
- 1.0mg of sodium - 0.0% of the RDA for sodium.
- 1.5mg of Magnesium, that covers 0.0% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 0.1mg of Zinc - 0.0% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 0.1mg of Iron - 0.0% of the RDA for Iron.
- 20.0mg of Potassium - 0.0% of the RDA for Potassium.
- 2.3mg of Vitamin C - 0.0% of the RDA for Vitamin C.
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in Lemon balm you get
- 1.33 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Herbs and other products have on average 0.45g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0.33 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Herbs and other products 0.16g)
- 1.00 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Herbs and other products 0.60g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Lemon balm?
|Vitamin C (mg)||45.0||56.5|
|Vitamin E (mg)||1.0||0.9|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.1||0.1|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.2||0.2|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.1||0.2|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||30.0||45.5|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0.0||0.0|
Is Lemon balm rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (5g) for Lemon balm of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Learn more about RDA values for vitamins by clicking on the names in the table above.
Minerals in Lemon balm
Is Lemon balm high in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Lemon balm we looked at the portion size (5g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
Learn more about RDA values for minerals by clicking on the names in the table above.
Carbohydrates in Lemon balm
3.0% of Lemon balm are carbs, per serving of 5g that makes 0.2g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||3.0||5.8|
How high are the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Lemon balm?
The Glycemic Index of Lemon balm is 15, which would be considered as low. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 0.0 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Lemon balm
- is Gluten free
- has no Lactose
- low amounts of Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol in Lemon balm
Of the 1.0g total fat per 100g in Lemon balm, 0.1g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.4g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.0g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0.0mg.