White bread: nutrition facts & data
avg Bread and rolls
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||2.0||48.1|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (40g) of White bread contains:
- 97.6 Calories
- 0.4g of Fat
- 3.2g of Protein
- and 19.6g of Carbs
- 216.0mg of sodium - 0.1% of the RDA for sodium.
- 10.0mg of Magnesium, that covers 0.0% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 0.3mg of Zinc - 0.0% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 0.3mg of Iron - 0.0% of the RDA for Iron.
- 52.0mg of Potassium - 0.0% of the RDA for Potassium.
- No Vitamin C
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in White bread you get
- 0.16 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Bread and rolls have on average 0.18g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0.02 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Bread and rolls 0.09g)
- 0.07 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Bread and rolls 0.13g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in White bread?
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.0||0.1|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.6||0.9|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.1||0.2|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.1||0.1|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.0||0.1|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||20.0||24.8|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0.0||0.0|
Is White bread rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (40g) for White bread of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Learn more about RDA values for vitamins by clicking on the names in the table above.
Minerals in White bread
Is White bread high in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in White bread we looked at the portion size (40g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
Learn more about RDA values for minerals by clicking on the names in the table above.
Carbohydrates in White bread
49.0% of White bread are carbs, per serving of 40g that makes 19.6g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||49.0||48.1|
How high are the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for White bread?
The Glycemic Index of White bread is 75, which would be considered as high. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 14.7 and can be regarded as moderate.
Allergens in White bread
- is high in Gluten
- has no Lactose
- low amounts of Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol in White bread
Of the 1.0g total fat per 100g in White bread, 0.3g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.4g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.3g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0.0mg.