avg Herbs and other products
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||9||5.8|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (5g) of Ginger contains
- 2.6 Calories
- 0.05g of Fat
- 0.05g of Protein
- and 0.45g of Carbs
- 0.75mg of sodium - 0.05% of the RDA for sodium.
- 2.25mg of Magnesium, that covers 0.7% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 0.06mg of Zinc - 0.6% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 0.025mg of Iron - 0.21% of the RDA for Iron.
- 20.75mg of Potassium - 0.52% of the RDA for Potassium.
- 0.25mg of Vitamin C - 0.24% of the RDA for Vitamin C.
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in Ginger you get
- 0.11 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Herbs and other products have on average 0.45g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0.11 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Herbs and other products 0.16g)
- 0.11 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Herbs and other products 0.6g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Ginger?
|Vitamin C (mg)||5||56.5|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.001||0.9|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.02||0.1|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.04||0.2|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.16||0.2|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||10||45.5|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0||0|
Rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (5g) for Ginger of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Minerals in Ginger
High in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Ginger we looked at the portion size (5g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
9% of Ginger are carbs, per serving (5g) that is 0.45g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||9||5.8|
How high is the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Ginger?
The Glycemic Index of Ginger is 15, which would be considered as low. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 0.1 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Ginger
- is Gluten free
- has no Lactose
- low amounts of Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol
Of the 1g total fat per 100g, 0.3g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.2g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.2g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0mg.