avg Vegetables and vegetable products
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||2||5.2|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (150g) of Broccoli contains
- 51 Calories
- 0.0015g of Fat
- 6g of Protein
- and 4.5g of Carbs
- 30mg of sodium - 2% of the RDA for sodium.
- 30mg of Magnesium, that covers 9.38% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 0.75mg of Zinc - 7.5% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 1.2mg of Iron - 10% of the RDA for Iron.
- 390mg of Potassium - 9.75% of the RDA for Potassium.
- 142.5mg of Vitamin C - 135.71% of the RDA for Vitamin C.
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in Broccoli you get
- 1.33 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Vegetables and vegetable products have on average 0.4g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Vegetables and vegetable products 0.21g)
- 1 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Vegetables and vegetable products 0.56g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Broccoli?
|Vitamin C (mg)||95||32.1|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.6||0.9|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.1||0.1|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.18||0.1|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.28||0.1|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||40||37.8|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0||0|
Rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (150g) for Broccoli of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Minerals in Broccoli
High in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Broccoli we looked at the portion size (150g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
3% of Broccoli are carbs, per serving (150g) that is 4.5g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||3||5.2|
How high is the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Broccoli?
The Glycemic Index of Broccoli is 15, which would be considered as low. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 0.7 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Broccoli
- is Gluten free
- has no Lactose
- low amounts of Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol
Of the 0.001g total fat per 100g, 0g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.1g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0mg.