Spiny lobsters: nutrition facts & data
avg Crustaceans and molluscs
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||0.0||1.6|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (100g) of Spiny lobsters contain:
- 84.0 Calories
- 1.0g of Fat
- 17.0g of Protein
- and 1.0g of Carbs
- 180.0mg of sodium - 0.1% of the RDA for sodium.
- 20.0mg of Magnesium, that covers 0.1% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 2.0mg of Zinc - 0.2% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 1.3mg of Iron - 0.1% of the RDA for Iron.
- 500.0mg of Potassium - 0.1% of the RDA for Potassium.
- 2.0mg of Vitamin C - 0.0% of the RDA for Vitamin C.
- 0.5mg of Vitamin B12 - 0.2% of the RDA for Vitamin B12.
For every gram of carbs in Spiny lobsters you get
- 17.00 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Crustaceans and molluscs have on average 9.61g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 1.00 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Crustaceans and molluscs 0.94g)
- 0.00 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Crustaceans and molluscs 0.00g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Spiny lobsters?
|Vitamin C (mg)||2.0||1.8|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.2||1.3|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.0||0.1|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.1||0.1|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.2||0.3|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||15.0||13.4|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0.5||3.3|
Are Spiny lobsters rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (100g) for Spiny lobsters of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Learn more about RDA values for vitamins by clicking on the names in the table above.
Minerals in Spiny lobsters
Are Spiny lobsters high in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Spiny lobsters we looked at the portion size (100g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
Learn more about RDA values for minerals by clicking on the names in the table above.
Carbohydrates in Spiny lobsters
1.0% of Spiny lobsters are carbs, per serving of 100g that makes 1.0g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||1.0||1.6|
How high are the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Spiny lobsters?
The Glycemic Index of Spiny lobsters is 0, which would be considered as low. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 0.0 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Spiny lobsters
- are Gluten free
- have no Lactose
- no Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol in Spiny lobsters
Of the 1.0g total fat per 100g in Spiny lobsters, 0.1g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.6g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.2g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 140.0mg.