Watercress: nutrition facts & data
avg Herbs and other products
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||2.0||5.8|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (25g) of Watercress contains:
- 5.3 Calories
- 0.0g of Fat
- 0.5g of Protein
- and 0.5g of Carbs
- 2.5mg of sodium - 0.0% of the RDA for sodium.
- 8.8mg of Magnesium, that covers 0.0% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 0.2mg of Zinc - 0.0% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 0.8mg of Iron - 0.1% of the RDA for Iron.
- 68.8mg of Potassium - 0.0% of the RDA for Potassium.
- 23.8mg of Vitamin C - 0.3% of the RDA for Vitamin C.
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in Watercress you get
- 1.00 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Herbs and other products have on average 0.45g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0.00 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Herbs and other products 0.16g)
- 0.75 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Herbs and other products 0.60g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Watercress?
|Vitamin C (mg)||95.0||56.5|
|Vitamin E (mg)||1.5||0.9|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.1||0.1|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.2||0.2|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.1||0.2|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||40.0||45.5|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0.0||0.0|
Is Watercress rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (25g) for Watercress of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Learn more about RDA values for vitamins by clicking on the names in the table above.
Minerals in Watercress
Is Watercress high in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Watercress we looked at the portion size (25g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
Learn more about RDA values for minerals by clicking on the names in the table above.
Carbohydrates in Watercress
2.0% of Watercress are carbs, per serving of 25g that makes 0.5g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||2.0||5.8|
How high are the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Watercress?
The Glycemic Index of Watercress is 15, which would be considered as low. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 0.1 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Watercress
- is Gluten free
- has no Lactose
- low amounts of Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol in Watercress
Of the 0.0g total fat per 100g in Watercress, 0.1g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.2g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.0g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0.0mg.