avg Food Ingredients
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||0.001||50.3|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (42g) of Yeast contains
- 40.74 Calories
- 0.42g of Fat
- 7.14g of Protein
- and 0.42g of Carbs
- 14.7mg of sodium - 0.98% of the RDA for sodium.
- 12.6mg of Magnesium, that covers 3.94% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 1.764mg of Zinc - 17.64% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 1.47mg of Iron - 12.25% of the RDA for Iron.
- 268.8mg of Potassium - 6.72% of the RDA for Potassium.
- No Vitamin C
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in Yeast you get
- 17 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Food Ingredients have on average 0.29g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 1 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Food Ingredients 0.06g)
- 6.9 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Food Ingredients 0.11g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Yeast?
|Vitamin C (mg)||0||0.9|
|Vitamin E (mg)||0.1||0.1|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||1.43||0.5|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||2.3||0.8|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.68||0.7|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||290||82|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0||1.3|
Rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (42g) for Yeast of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Minerals in Yeast
High in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Yeast we looked at the portion size (42g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
1% of Yeast are carbs, per serving (42g) that is 0.42g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||1||50.3|
How high is the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Yeast?
The Glycemic Index of Yeast is 35, which would be considered as low. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 0.1 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Yeast
- is Gluten free
- has no Lactose
- no Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol
Of the 1g total fat per 100g, 0.2g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.5g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.4g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0mg.