Lentils: nutrition facts & data
|Mono- & Di-Saccharides (g)||1.0||20.4|
Breakdown in percent (%) of total calories
An average portion size (60g) of Lentils contain:
- 187.2 Calories
- 1.2g of Fat
- 14.4g of Protein
- and 24.6g of Carbs
- 3.6mg of sodium - 0.0% of the RDA for sodium.
- 78.0mg of Magnesium, that covers 0.2% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Magnesium.
- 2.0mg of Zinc - 0.2% of the RDA for Zinc.
- 4.8mg of Iron - 0.4% of the RDA for Iron.
- 504.0mg of Potassium - 0.1% of the RDA for Potassium.
- 3.0mg of Vitamin C - 0.0% of the RDA for Vitamin C.
- No Vitamin B12
For every gram of carbs in Lentils you get
- 0.59 grams of protein compared to the average of 0.46g per gram of carbs among all foods. Other foods in Legumes have on average 0.73g of proteins per 1 gram of carbs.
- 0.05 grams of fat (total average 0.66g, other foods in Legumes 0.20g)
- 0.41 grams of fibers (total average 0.13g, other foods in Legumes 0.48g)
Nutrient distribution per gram
What vitamins are in Lentils?
|Vitamin C (mg)||5.0||2.2|
|Vitamin E (mg)||1.3||1.5|
|Vitamin B1 / Thiamine (mg)||0.5||0.3|
|Vitamin B2 (mg)||0.3||0.1|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.6||0.2|
|Vitamin B9 / Folate (μg)||170.0||102.5|
|Vitamin B12 (μg)||0.0||0.0|
Are Lentils rich in vitamins?
The following chart displays the amount of vitamins per portion Size (60g) for Lentils of the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each vitamin in percent.
Learn more about RDA values for vitamins by clicking on the names in the table above.
Minerals in Lentils
Are Lentils high in minerals?
Again, for every mineral contained in Lentils we looked at the portion size (60g) and applied it to the recommended daily allowance (RDA). Data is shown in percent of RDA per portion size.
Learn more about RDA values for minerals by clicking on the names in the table above.
Carbohydrates in Lentils
41.0% of Lentils are carbs, per serving of 60g that makes 24.6g of carbs.
Monosachharides and polysaccharides
|Total carbs (g)||41.0||20.4|
How high are the Glycemic Index and the Glycemic Load for Lentils?
The Glycemic Index of Lentils is 30, which would be considered as low. The Glycemic Load in a normal serving is 7.4 and can be regarded as low.
Allergens in Lentils
- are Gluten free
- have no Lactose
- low amounts of Fructose
Fatty acids and cholesterol in Lentils
Of the 2.0g total fat per 100g in Lentils, 0.2g are saturated fatty acids (SFA), 0.9g are monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and 0.4g are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). The amount of cholesterol is 0.0mg.